My 400th Post…
Oh goodness, how did that happen? How did more than 3 years go by? How did 400 posts get written?
It really feels like I JUST started this little project a few weeks ago, but when I sit down and think about it, the past three and a half years have been some of the craziest of my life. Since I started this blog in 2008 I have…
- moved 4 times
- held 3 jobs
- started and nearly completed a masters program
- loved big
- lost big
- dusted myself off and started over
- made 14 different types of brownies
- had miserable failures in the kitchen
- cooked delicious meals for loved ones
- thrown many a party
- traveled to New Orleans (3 times), New Mexico, all over Texas, Washington DC, Florida, South Carolina, and Paris.
- eaten too much butter, sugar, and chocolate
- made amazing friends from the Internet
- made amazing friends in real life
- pushed through very challenging times
- laughed and enjoyed amazing experiences
- felt totally lost at times
- gotten closer to understanding and appreciating who I am and what I want from life? Maybe? We’ll see.
I have so enjoyed having this blog as an outlet for my creativity, as a place to speak my mind, and a way to document experiences in my life. I don’t post nearly as often as I would like. My schedule with work and school makes it really difficult for me to fit in recipe research, cooking and photography.
Lately I’ve been missing my blog so much, feeling like I am letting people down, or myself down by focusing on career and school and somewhat abandoning The Waspy Redhead. I went back and read my very first entry on this blog, from October 16th 2008. I was floored to see that in my first post I declared that this was not a food blog, or a travel blog or a wedding blog or a baby blog. It was just my blog.
Somewhere along the way, this became primarily a food blog- but I’m thinking about taking a bit of a departure from that. I think part of why I rarely post is that I feel such pressure to make some sort of killer recipe, take a great photo of it, and work it into a witty narrative. The content here will always be very food centric. Food is one of the things I’m most passionate about. But I have decided for myself that I would rather write about whatever I can, when I can, and when I feel like I want to, than put strict expectations on myself and end up not saying much at all.
I’m not sure if this change in content will scare off readers who were only interested in recipes. I’m not sure if I even have readers anymore since I’ve so neglected this space. Even if there are just a few readers left including my parents and best friends, I’m not ready to walk away from The Waspy Redhead yet. And if you’re still here, I hope you’ll stick around.
Thanks for reading. Thanks for cooking along. Thanks for being a part of my life for nearly 4 years.Posted in Uncategorized