I was tagged on Facebook by both D-Love and Annie, in their “25 things” posts, and I thought that my response would make for an interesting blog post.. The instructions were to write 25 random facts, habits, goals, fears etc. and then tag 25 people to do the same… Here goes.
1. I had tomato basil soup from Central Market for lunch, it warmed my soul. I only heated up half of the ¾ pint container… and the other half is staring at me from my desk. Let’s see how my will power holds up for the rest of the day.
2. Using a neti pot for the first time last night was a life changing experience. I may now begin referring to time as BNP and ANP for before neti pot and after neti pot. I’m still congested as heck, but I’m able to breathe fairly easily. Last night I got 7 hours sleep and it was heaven!
3. I’m fairly certain I haven’t found my true calling in life. I feel like I’m getting closer and constantly refining my career direction, but I just KNOW that I haven’t found “it” yet. Communications is certainly closer to “it” than marketing was. And I am discovering that it’s more important to me that I work in an industry I am passionate about, than it is to have a great job in an industry I could care less about.
4. I think I am incapable of determining how much I can feasibly take on at one time. Overcommitted is my constant state of being.
5. My priorities have changed more over the past year than in the four years before. I used to feel that my friends, my career, my finances, my leisure time and my voluntarism were the most important things I had going. And while I still value all of those things, they have all shrunk on their importance as I’ve made a big space on the pie chart available for my relationship with Steve, and my continuing education.
6. I used to be obsessed with figure skating. Like completely obsessed. I watched every minute of TV coverage I could get my hands on, and I followed dorky message boards on the sport. This year I didn’t see a single moment of the grand prix circuit, and I couldn’t even tell you who had a great year or who won US nationals.
7. I judge people who look down on Facebook and other mediums for social networking. I realize this is silly as they judge me for using them.
8. I feel like a little kid and an old lady at the same time, and I haven’t found a way to reconcile any solid form of self identity for this phase of my life. Depending on the company I’m keeping I can feel either like an imposter trying to fit in with the world of grown-ups, or like I’m no longer able to connect with people in their early twenties because they seem so absolutely green about the world.
9. Reading Pioneer Woman is usually one of the highlights of my day.
10. I’m a complete safety freak. This drives Steve insane. I think that I’m just smarter than people who make dangerous decisions or take unnecessary risk.
11. I’m in love with our new house, and it kills me that I don’t get to enjoy it more. Work/School and JLSA are starting to feel like a total drag.
12. I have completely let my appearance slide. I almost never do anything with my hair, and I only wear make-up on evenings where I’m having a big night on the town. It’s taken a toll on my self-image and I know I need to snap out of it.
13. I am not a morning person.
14. I’m not currently contributing to my retirement, and that concerns me.
15. I NEVER thought I would cohabitate with a boyfriend. I’ve always thought it was a bad idea, and I felt like it was important to wait until you were either married or at least engaged to live together. But that being said, I couldn’t be happier with our decision to move in together.
16. I’m not nearly as interested in politics as I used to be.
17. Roxy dog is hilarious and I’m so glad to have her in my life. I wouldn’t have picked a Boston terrier myself, but I’ve grown to love her smushed face and labored breathing.
18. I make the best popcorn in the world. This is a fact. I make it in a pot on the stove with real butter and vegetable oil. I salt mine liberally; Steve likes salt and sugar on his. Microwave popcorn is BS.
19. I’m judgmental snot, and I know it. This is the most unattractive of my personality traits, and I’m trying to work to rein it in.
20. I am so tired of eating out! I can’t wait to get more settled at the house so I can get into a good routine of grocery shopping/cooking and working out.
21. I haven’t gotten a car wash in like 4 months.
22. I just noticed more grey hair in the bathroom mirror. I’m dreading having to color my hair because bottled red or auburn almost never looks natural.
23. I don’t get to see my close friends nearly as much as I would like to.
24. Being in San Antonio makes me antsy. Before Steve and I started dating I used to suffer crippling bouts of antsiness. I can’t tell you how many times from 2004-2007 I schemed up excuses to move to DC, Houston, Austin, San Francisco or Chicago. I’m much happier here now, but part of me is really ready to experience life in a new pace.
25. This exercise was much harder than I thought it would be.
I would like to tag the following people to respond with their 25 things!